Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Casie on the Rocks - picture 2 and Bellisimo Beads


Progress is happening on "Casie on the Rocks" - much of the background is finished, although the bushes on the right will get some leaves sticking out. The rock/ground under Casie is progressing. It's going to be hard to bead fur on a dog who is practically hairless, but it will be a good attempt.


I haven't worked on this as much as I would have liked as I have been practicing my right angle weave technique for Marcia DeCoster's class at the Bead and Button show in about a month. I will be classroom assistant, classroom monitor or classroom 'ho - depending on who you talk to. Regardless of what you call me, I am honored that Marcia got in touch with me to help her.
My train ticket has been purchased, I have my confirmation for the show admission. I love going to the bead show in Milwaukee as I can see all my beady friends and meet new ones. I wonder what trouble Anne and I can get into this year. At least we know where there is a great bakery - although I need to stay out of there!

5 comments:

Denise said...

It's coming along so well!! Wow, I'm liking it! As for the dog, are you familiar with boucle stitch? It would work well for the dog, add texture and yet not be really furry, for a short haired dog.
Have fun a bead and button, one of these days I'll get there too!
Cheers, Denise

Robin said...

Oh my! This is great progress on Casie! Have you met Marcia? She's a hoot! I taught for the San Diego Bead Society and we had the class in her home. She's gracious, talented, and funny. You'll have a blast being her assistant.

I'm so happy you've decided to participate in the 2007 Bead Journal Project! That's GREAT!

Mary Timme said...

You know I love the background, but I'm intrigued about how you are going to bead the dog.

Did you know that Diana Grygo has two pieces accepted for the B & B show? You'll probably get to see them. What fun you will have.

The bad Liz said...

Thanks all, it's going well.

Denise, I am not familiar with the boucle stitch, but will be looking it up to see if it will work. Thanks for the suggestion.

Robin - yes, I have met Marcia at classes that our guild had in February. She remarked that she wished she had a helper at B&B, and I said I was available! It's one of those being at the right place at the right time moments.

The bead journal project should be interesting. I just have to decide on a reasonable size for me.

Mary - I can't wait to see Diana's pieces. She is my inspiration for beading my beloved Casie (I thought "gee, if she can do it...").

The Lone Beader® said...

Your project is looking GREAT!