Sunday, February 11, 2007

Ganesh - textures and colours collide!

Ganesha is really coming along nicely. He has some great colour, texture and lines. I added some blue sequins with Swarovski crystal flowers for a great kick of sparkle. Should his anklets be silver or bronze? Many decisions left for this piece - background? Moon behind him or just a circle of colour? Crown - golds, bronze or red?

Mouse is still waiting for his garnet to fall. I'll have to search to see if the mouse has a name.

5 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

Wow! I have missed so much! This piece is quite interesting. Are those size 11's you're using??

The bad Liz said...

Most of the work is done using 11s. The turquoise and silver on the cuffs are 15s, as is Mouse's body. His red blanket is using 22s. I do have the bark blue sequins on his pants? Legs? Skirt? with Swarovski flowers.

Mary Timme said...

Oh, my goodness, I don't know anything about this stuff other than if I think it is a neat beading job. I have nothing to say on what the rest should be. Love your dogs though.

Beverly Herman said...

liz I think you are doing an excellent job of picking out just the right colors for Ganesh. Each piece just keeps getting better and better. I love the touchs of sparkles you are incorporating in to this piece.

nordwolke said...

I suggest silver anklets and red crown because I am no gold fan. However, I must admit gold would match, too. ;) You are progressing fast! I love how you included the Swarovskis.