Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Aquamarine Crystals

Back in April 2010, I posted "Another Teaser" about a necklace that I was attempting. It's based on a movie that I was watching and so pretty. This is how it started:
My previous version picture was posted, and I was liking what it was doing to a degree. But by the time I had 8 crystals put together - I didn't care for it. I wanted it to curve, and it wasn't curving enough. I took apart at B&B and started putting it back together again. Now I have a piece that is curving better and should lay the way that I want it to. Whew - that was a PITA (pain in the ...er, abdomen)!
When I look at the piece, I didn't notice that the thread shows through on the front of the rivoli. I might have to add another bead to the last row on the top. Yes, of course, it's still RAW (you knew the answer to that...)
I now have the crystals put together and I am working on the back of the necklace. I knew that I shouldn't have sold some of these crystals until I had a clear idea of what I was going to do. But, it still will be wonderful!

6 comments:

Daniela said...

Hi Liz!
Great - you lived in Stuttgart. It's my hometown!
Maybe you still understand little german???? ;-)
Deine Kette, zumindest das was man davon sieht, gefaellt mir sehr gut. Ich liebe dieses aquamarine und für silber bin ich immer zu begeistern!
Sehr schön!

Regards from good old Stuttgart,
Daniela

The bad Liz said...

Hi Daniela - according to Google translator, you wrote: Your chain , at least it looks like what you like and it very much. I love the aquamarine and silver , I 'm always enthusiastic !

thanks for your nice comments. Sadly my German verstehen ist nicht so gut.

What area of Stuttgart do you live in? I don't miss the military, but I miss Stuttgart. It is such a nice city - good fests, good shopping, good beer (Stuttgarter Hofbrau) and food!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Liz
Thanks for a bigger sneak peek!! Love those crystals and the beads you chose to go with them.

The bad Liz said...

Even better? I just found two more crystals that were being used in another project - no more!! Woot!

Sharon Driscoll said...

Very very nice!

Daniela said...

Oh, I'm sorry. Didn't see your answer Liz!
I live in Bad Cannstatt near the soccerstadium, where also the Cannstatter Volksfest is in October.
I'll try my very best to write a good english, but I'm sure I will do some mistakes with the grammar.... Hope you understand everything!
My grandaunt met his husband in Stuttgart, when he was based here and lived at Robinson barracks. She was a nurse and after couple of years he went back to the states and she followed him. They lived in Elmira near Philadelphia. I visited her I think 5 years ago. My first trip to the states.
Maybe me and my boyfriend will go to Philidelphia next year. His uncle and his familiy lives there for over 40 years now. So we could vistit the familiy and I could go to some beadsstores... :-)
Also found some via google!
OKay then: I have to work now...Maybe you have a look at my blog, so you can see what I do with the tiny beads! ;-)
http://schwabenmaedle.blogsot.com

Regards, Daniela