Saturday, December 20, 2008

Detroit's Big Snow...


December 19, 2008. I could post the pretty pictures of my back yard, but I thought this one of the ruler in the snow (measuring 8.75 inches) and Chloe watching me, was all that was needed. Detroit gets snow, but 3 inches, 2 inches, maybe 4. We don't get a lot at one time.

This was a lot of snow for us. My 20 minute commute took 50, and when I drove one of my doctors to the airport, my 25 minute drive to the airport took an hour. But we got there safe, and actually faster than we thought.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

What a GREAT picture! I chatted with Nick last night and he said there were spots in his driveway where it was over a foot deep. Crazy!!

Mary Timme said...

The mountains southwest of here have been getting it by the feet too, and have had about 6 feet in the last two weeks. Yikes!

Detroit snow lasts so very long too! Travel right now is not a fun thing either as airports are canceling flights like crazy!