Friday, November 16, 2007

Have to blow.....

...my own horn here. Here I am with my boot-leg photo (there was a "No Photography" sign) of four of my seven pieces in the Down River Council of the Arts (DCA) show. I took my husband to the show last weekend to see a large collection of Barb "Bent Needle" Davis - her beadwork is awesome! As soon as we have photos from the collection for the web page, I will post in the link. But here are four of my pictures - Lord Ganesha, Allah, Star of David and Om. I am very proud of the way that they look - like real art.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

WTG, Liz! They look fabulous! The reason they look like real art is because they ARE real art. Don't sell your work short. :)

The Lone Beader® said...

You are such a rebel!! LOL.

Anyways, your work looks great! Just wondering, do you frame it yourself, and if so, how do you do it??

The bad Liz said...

Thanks Melissa and Diane!

Diane - you won't believe these frames - they came from Michaels. I was going to use my 40% off coupon, but each time I went the frames were either 40 or 50% off, without the coupon. They are in the shadowbox area, have hook and loop tape (which I don't use because the adhesive pulls away from the beadwork. I sew the pieces in) and hooks on the back. They look good, don't they?

Mary Timme said...

Like real art! Like we are surprised! Duh, girl! They are real art!

Nahani said...

You absolutely ARE A REAL ARTIST!
You keep amazing us with more and more beautiful bead embroidery. What's next?