Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Another hobby? Yes, I am crazy!

It’s all the fault of another beader.  Truly, it is. I was gifted a set of really nice watercolors, a couple of brushes, and a sketch pad for Christmas in 2016.  I took the items camping in August 2017.  So maybe it is my fault because I did take them camping.  And I started to paint.
Rabbit (from a royalty free website)

Door (from a royalty free image website)

Hawk from a photo that one of
"my doctors" took and allowed me to use.


Leaves from the back garden

Leaf from a campground or my
back garden I try to keep notes
of what paint colors that I used
and what brush I used.

Watercolor of a street view of the village
 of Rothenburg ob der Tauber

These were all from videos that I found on YouTube.
Yes, another hobby!  Watercolor paints.  I've learned what I like and what I don't like.  I like Arches 300 gsm paper, I don't like Canson XL watercolor paper.  I like inexpensive Chinese brushes.  I love Daniel Smith watercolor paints, but I also haven't tried any other brands.  I've learned that I like watching the YouTube videos - what artists I like and artists that I think are just a little to full of themselves.

I've learned that I like to watercolor.

2 comments:

Marcia DeCoster said...

These are all just amazing. I’d say this hobby suits you very well!

Lavinia said...

Liz, these are really amazing - it looks like you've been painting for a LONG time! Good for you! xoxo