Thursday, September 10, 2009

Newest Project

I know, I know, I have been ignoring my blog and that's not a good thing to do. But I have been writing directions for a large project - that I am keeping under wraps for now, and I have been working on directions for the classes that I will start teaching soon at Stony Creek Bead Gallery. Yikes, that's on Sunday.

But here is something that I have started working on in the last weeks. It's based on a necklace that I saw in an old movie - you know, the Barrymore era - an old movie. When I get closer to the finished project, I will show the inspiration photo still from the movie and my necklace. Proto-type one didn't work so well. Good idea, but the scale was way off so it's been renovated and restarted. As you can see from my two teaser pictures, large rivoli's and 15/0 seed beads are involved.

What else is going on? Hmmmmmm, hubby is in California for an extended weekend as his cousin from NYC is getting married. I'm home letting the dogs out and in and out. I know several friends that would care for the dogs, but it's just my excuse. It's not the easiest time to leave work.

Summer is coming to a close, I have time for one more pedicure before I give up my Birkie's for the summer. Now, on a quiet Thursday evening, I am going to watch one more episode of "True Blood" (which isn't half bad) before calling it a night. Maybe I can get one more rivoli finished...

3 comments:

flyingbeader said...

Did you get those from SHARON??? Looks like some that I have! But that does look intriguing.

I'm going to miss Summer too, but not the ragweed.

dot

The bad Liz said...

Not Dot, I didn't. I found a vendor at B&B who had these big rivolis for sale CHEAP! And I think they are 18mm. Some are chipped on the edges, but you'd never know.... Sharon's my other source....I'm going to miss her on the other side of the country.

Kat BM said...

I know Liz, road trip to visit Sharon in Feb!!!! what do you think!!!!