Thursday, January 11, 2007

Religious Icons Part 4 - Star of David



And here I have started #3 in my religious icon series. I am trying something just a little different, this is going to be a little bit more three dimensional - with the star in two pieces on top of the background. In fact, this will be the first time that I have started with a background. I usually do the main colors and then fill in the background, hoping that I don't get bored. The idea for doing the star in layers came from another beading blogger - The Lone Beader - I hope she doesn't mind. She does some wonderful pieces, very cool stuff.
The color of the star is yet to be determined, but with a pale blue and a dark blue background, I need to really make it POP.

2 comments:

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

Saw your wonderful Moose piece in the new Bead and Button Magazine. Congratulatioms!

The Lone Beader® said...

Do I mind???? I am THRILLED that you're inspired by my work:) This is going to be beautiful, I can just tell. I'll be checking back for sure.

And, I saw your MoOsE in my B&B magazine, too. AWESOME=:)